Sunday, February 21, 2010

Morning Light and Soft Day

My Sedona Loosen Up Workshop, May 24-28 features all my Loosen Up techniques and favorite color combinations.

Painting a flower never interested me. However, flowers in a painting do interest me! I am more interested in the immediate graphic impact the painting has first and then you see a painting of “flowers in a vase.” I usually start off abstractly - loose, color splattering and water everywhere begins the day in my studio. My workshops begin the same way.

Much of my new work is looser, more suggestive and painted with a specific limited palette of colors. My painting themes tend to either be a single subject - like a pear or a storytelling tale from personal stuff - like circus, magic, landscapes and dreams.

1 comment:

valerie said...

your paintings are bursting with life, so stunning; the colors and bright spots evoke a lot of emotion. love your paintings!!