Sunday, February 21, 2010

Amber Pear


My Sedona Loosen Up Workshop, May 24-28 features all my Loosen Up techniques and favorite color combinations.

Many of my early paintings were a single subject inspired while buying fruits and vegetables from our local farmers’ market. I just had to paint them one by one. My favorite single paintings were pears, avocados, bananas, navel oranges, cantaloupes, celery, zucchini and eggplants. In fact, my first gallery giclĂ©e was titled “Farmers’ Market.” Twenty years later. I still practice painting the single subject everyday in my morning warmups. It’s a great way to get started!

This pear painting was created with splashing colors, alcohol and CitraSolv-treated tissue paper collage.

Much of my new work is looser, more suggestive and painted with a specific limited palette of colors. My painting themes tend to either be a single subject - like a pear or a storytelling tale from personal stuff - like circus, magic, landscapes and dreams.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful exhibition, all in this pictures are so cool, the colors, and shapes, in our country we enjoyed a special exhibition named "xlpharmacy", I recommend you to take a look.