Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day One!


Welcome to my blog!
We're very excited about launching this -- hopefully you'll find it useful (or at least entertaining) too.
Our blog will not take the place of our free, monthly online newsletter. As a matter of fact, we'll post a link to the ArtsyFartsy News as soon as we get it ready. 
In our blog you can expect a little looser style - almost like a journal entry. We'll be in the field a lot too (I've started to call it "on tour") when I am traveling to different areas for workshops. 
Just last weekend - Labor Day Weekend - Kate and I had a booth at the Sausalito Art Festival. What a great festival! The deadline every year is March 1st. You can download forms and applications from their website: http://www.sausalitoartfestival.org   They are always in the top ten of the country's outdoor festivals. The organizers make it so easy - they transport all the gear and artwork to your booth space, the communal tents are already setup, they don't take a commission, they feed and water the artists and booth assistants for all three days of the festival (Sat-Sun-Mon). There is also a killer party on Friday night. Here are a couple of photos from our booth!

12 comments:

Sharilyn Miller said...

Welcome to blog-land, Bob! I'm so excited that you've decided to share your art life with us. Blogging is fun—sometimes a little time consuming, but still fun to see how many people from all over the world are following your life. I hope you'll post lots of photos of your newest paintings and pictures of your workshops. I look forward to seeing you at the abstract painting workshop in Palm Springs this March!
Cheers,
Sharilyn
http://sharilynmiller.blogspot.com

Roxanne Steed said...

YAY! Glad to see you in blog-land, too! I'm always visiting your web-site to check out any thing new I can find - You've been a great inspiration! Cheers, Roxanne

Anonymous said...

oh this is exciting Bob that your here!!! iv been maintaining (hopefully) intension in my work and i feel i am progressing...i enjoyed the workshop at Jerry's in August..thank you....here's my blog if you so desire to peak...
RLMSTUDIOS.blogspot.com

Roberta

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled to see you are blogging. In your workshops you told us all to write-it has helped me become more focused and free to express my ideas. Thanks from my heart for all the great information, inspiration and crazy fun in your workshops! Many thanks for sharing your idea's and thoughts with us in your blog!
Sincerely,
Deb
http://debmagelssen.blogspot.com

Jill Morris said...

Bob...remember me from Boone in June!! I have pics of you, Don Andrews and Cheap Joe...will send them to you!! My daughter, Jeni, and I loved, loved, loved your workshop...I wish you and your wife could join us for my art lesson on the houseboat on Lake Lanier tommorrow night....I teach beginners and now, thanks to you, am soooo much looser!! I'm a BOBETTE!! www.JillMorrisArt.com xxoo, Jill

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you've started a blog and can hardly wait to see more.

Cathy Hegman said...

Love it! You will enjoy the blogging world.It is good for the soul to put into print what is floating in the mind. I will link you to my blog right away. www.cathyhegman.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very excited about your new blog feature. Really enjoyed your workshop in Sacramento. Hope you come back here again soon. You were so motivating I think I painted more this summer than I ever have before. Looking forward to you getting the on-line critique feature going. That should be great fun.

Caren said...

Ok Bob, I just discovered you on the 'net recently and I am not sure how I haven't heard of you before. Thanks for the content on your website, the inspiration is much appreciated. I'm sure I will be heading your way sometime in '09 to take a workshop.

We anxiously await your next blog entry. (Hint, hint.)

Jill Morris said...

I took Robert Burridges' workshop with my daugther at Cheap Joes' Boone in June...it was a blast! Plus, I got to spend quality time with my daughter!! I bought Bob's no fail color wheel and it has really helped me with teaching beginners acrylic AND watercolor!! I teach in Cumming, GA...xxoo, JillMorrisArt.com

JoyfulArt said...

You know you are supposed to write on your blog more than once!

Anonymous said...

What a gallery this man has in his house, I want this man making me a good painting with a logo which says:xlpharmacy the source which has changed my life.